I can proudly declare that I have invented my first cocktail! 🙂 It has already gained popularity amongst my friends and I am sure it has the potential to steal your heart as well.
It is refreshing, slightly sweet and a little sparkly. Safe to say, my favorite cocktail. It contains gin, basil, lemongrass syrup, sparkling water and ice (recipe bellow). Never had a basil cocktail? You are missing out! Give it a try tonight and let me know what you think!
You can find the recipe for lemongrass syrup here: http://momoi.ch/lemongrass-syrup/ and the grasshopper recipe bellow!
You can subscribe all the way bellow…lots of delicious autumn treats coming up! Please comment or share the love 😉
Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time,
- basil (basilicum) - 4 big leaves
- 0,5 dcl sparkling water
- 4 ice cubes
- 4 cl gin
- 3 cl lemongrass syrup
- 3 cl lime juice
- a slice of lime for decoration
- Pour gin, basil leaves, lemongrass syrup and 2-3 cubes of ice in a shaker. Shake aggressively for about one minute or until you can see the basil thoroughly smashed.
- Pour into a nice cocktail glass and add a spritz of lime juice. Add 1-2 ice cubes and the sparkling water.
- Decorate with a slice of lime or some basil leaves and serve.