Yes…I am a part of this worldwide addiction. I love pumpkin spice latte. To me it doesn’t even taste like pumpkin pie, but more like Christmas-y happiness! Perhaps it’s also worth mentioning that this is more of a coffee flavoured milk drink than coffee…but oh so good! Whip it up as an afternoon dessert or a milky morning breakfast.
If you are not really into braking the bank for your coffee and prefer the coziness of your home (like me:) ), then this is your dream come true. Besides all this, your syrup will be made from actual pumpkin and ground spices and not artificial flavouring.
The pumpkin spice syrup can be used not only for coffee, but also pancakes, waffles, cupcakes?! Let me know what else you try! 😉
For the latte, use a tablespoon or two of the syrup with a shot of coffee, foamed milk and a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate powder or cinnamon and enjoy!
Until next time,
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinammon
- 3/2 tsp ground dry ginger
- 3/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Boil the water with sugar until dissolved.
- Add the spices and the pumpkin puree, mix well and simmer on low fire for another 5-10 min.
- Filter the hot syrup through a cheese cloth or a very thin kitchen serviette.
- Let cool to room temperature and add vanilla extract.
- Pour in a clean sealable bottle and use with your next coffee! 🙂
- For pumpkin puree bake any kind of pumpkin cut in half at 200 degrees C for 30 min. Then carve the insides and blend to a puree.
- To make a pumpkin spice latte mix a shot of espresso, 2dcl of foamed hot milk, a tbs or two of the syrup and a big spoon of whipped cream:)
- P.S.: You can foam the milk when its warm with a hand mixer!