I am a potato lover. Especially when it comes to the young tiny potatoes. The smaller the better. I could eat them cooked with just butter and salt! Unfortunately, those little guys are not around all year and their big brothers need a little help being as delicious. Luckily I found a way to make the big, chubby potatoes taste like creamy heaven! 🙂
This is your perfect side dish that is not just plain potatoes and looks fabulous. Did I mention it is also super simple, mess free and cheap to make?!
Print the recipe below and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. Don’t forget to leave a comment or recommend to a friend!
Until next time,
- 5 big potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced
- fresh thyme branches
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel potatoes and cut them in about 0.5 cm thick slices. Try to make the slices a seven as possible to ensure they will all be cooked at the same time.
- Mix together olive oil, salt, lemon juice and water and place the mixture in a medium sized ball. Add the sliced potatoes and mix them well with your hands. Try to coat all the potatoes.
- On a baking tray, place some baking paper and distribute the potatoes evenly. They can cover eachother on the edges.
- Crush the garlic cloves with a knife, slice the lemon in circles thinly and distribute evenly over the potatoes. Add the thyme branches and some extra thyme leaves on top and finish with a toss of pepper.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for about 20 min or until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Delicious side to a steak!