I love the flavor of lemongrass. It’s quite unlike anything else. It is common in Thai cuisine, but apart from that, adding lemongrass to a recipe often slips my mind. I was reminded of this magic ingredient while sipping a delicious cocktail, and that is just one example where lemongrass really makes a difference!
I was determined to recreate the cocktail and when I looked up the recipe, the secret ingredient was revealed; lemongrass syrup. At first I thought, well great, where will I get this. But soon after I was already making it myself and it tastes great. 🙂 Syrups are fabulous for cocktails as they add the sweetness and flavor, but won’t leave all that undissolved sugar at the bottom of your glass. Scroll down and get the recipe! Don’t forget to subscribe, my favorite cocktail recipe coming up next week! 🙂
Some tips for use: add to gin and tonic, mix it in with ice, vodka and soda or give your mojito a twist!
Thank you for stopping by! Lots of fun at your next cocktail night!
Until next time,
- 1,5 cup sugar
- 6 sticks lemongrass
- 1,5 cup water
- Place the water and the sugar in a small pot on the stove and heat on low fire until the sugar is dissolved. Stir occasionally.
- Chop the lemongrass in small pieces and lengthwise.
- When the liquid starts boiling, add the lemongrass pieces and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and let the mixture covered for 25 minutes.
- Filter the syrup through a metal sieve and pour into a glass storage bottle.
- Make cocktails! 🙂
- Great cocktail recipes coming soon!